Saturday, April 08, 2017

Zagame Autosport rookie Rising Star Shields



New Zealander Liam Lawson has become the first New Zealander to win a race and round of the CAMS Jayco Australian Formula 4 Championship today at Sandown Raceway.

The Team BRM driver started from pole - with the grid determined by the second fastest qualifying times from Friday - and won by over two seconds ahead of teammate and CAMS Foundation Rising Star Cameron Shields.

"It was a very intense race. I just focussed on the start; getting a good jump and then focussing of the first couple of laps and trying to get that gap," Lawson said.

"I managed it, although towards the end there Cameron was closing on me fast. Really stoked with the result."

"I think that was the longest 20 laps of my life! I think the 20 laps races make it a lot more physical but i think tomorrow, if it rains, it'll take the pressure off a little bit."

No comments:

Popular Posts